Sunday, February 24, 2008

Wild Thing 4

Obviously, something has not worked out right with the below post. Stay tuned as I figure out how to post the picture.

Since I don't have much personal information in my account, I decided to provide this picture instead.

Of course, there's more to this picture than its posting. I discovered it while reading Ann Walker Smalley's postings. I knew she took the picture. I didn't realize that it was to be made public.

The 00's generation may be comfortable with having their information easily available. I'm not.

I realize my image is temporarily in any number of surveillance cameras, especially at the ATM machine I routinely use. A television crew filming a street scene as background for a voice over can also have captured me. For all I know, the FBI has a photograph and some biographical information from when I attended a anti-Vietname war demonstration. My image in a photo montage is just one more slide on the slope of privacy intrusion.

I wish I were around 100 years from now to learn if the definition of privacy changed or if the concept became as archaic as dueling.

No comments: