Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thing 3-RSSing

I was going to claim patent rights to the verb RSSing. Then, I googled the term and voila, found a bunch. Interesting that some are criticizing the Web 2.0 generation for new spellings in text messaging but no one seems to question creating verbs in the Queen's English domain.

As a semi old-foggie, I wonder if there is any protocols in Web 2.0 land concerning informing a person that you have created an RSS feed to that person's blog. If not, isn't this perhaps voyeurism? I know there's a difference in that a blog by its very nature is public. But it certainly does open oneself up to letting someone into your life without being able to vet that person. Call me old fashioned, old foggie and/or living in the 20th century but I am uncomfortable with letting just anyone know my thoughts.

No comments: